
It is time. I weigh too much, and I want to get back in shape. I tried this a few months ago, but didn't go very far with it (although I did lose some weight and it has stayed off). As many of you know, I was on some powerful medication several years ago, due to a misdiagnosis of "transformed migraines." I gained 75 pounds in about 6 months, and kept going. I ended up at 285. Not healthy to say the least! Now I have whittled my way down since 2002 to about 255. A good but slow start. Officially, at 6' 4", I am in the obese category, medically speaking.
So, what am I going to do? What works for me, and for most people, is motivation and
accountability. So for motivation, Shiree and I have agreed that once I lose another 30 lbs, I can buy an Xbox 360 (or equivalent fun thing). We may set up small, incremental motivational stuff along the way, but for now, this is what sticks. As for the accountability...well, that's why I am blogging about this. That way I will have all you folks out there in the loop, encouraging me or holding me too my commitment. I plan on blogging my progress until I hit 226 (26 is my favorite number, don't ask me why, its a very long story). 
How do I plan on losing the weight? We'll, I have started jogging/rollerblading every day except Sunday, for at least 30 minutes. I plan on continuing this. I also plan on limiting my sweets, having smaller portions, and not eating after 6 p.m. I also have lots of gum to help out the cravings. I know this basic stuff works for me, it is primarily how I got the 30 lbs off. I like eating while I watch movies (danger) and eat crap when I get stressed (more danger). I also plan on including push-ups and sit-ups, and gradually move to more intense muscle building. So, I am going to healthy on up.
If anyone feels like joining me, let me know. Strength in numbers and accountability is one reason why Weight Watchers is so effective (although I'm not going there). Just email me or comm
ent and we can chat. Maybe I could post a combined lbs lost between me and anyone else participating (or not, we'll see). Also, if you are lucky, you'll get some before and after pictures of my chubby body and the after slimming hotness.So here we go, 255 and counting (down, that is)...

No comments:
Post a Comment