___________

The Freshness:



Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update


I tried some Clif Shot carb gel to enhance my energy in my run. It's good stuff! I got the non-caffeinated kind. It just has brown rice sugar, some natural flavoring (like mango puree) and electrolytes and minerals. It's mostly organic, and has this cool "litter leash" design that keeps you from dropping the top when you rip it off (very tree-hugger friendly, although the container is certainly not biodegradable.) I jogged more today than since I started this crazy exercise thing. The energy was not like a caffeine burst, just more focused energy and I did not fatigue as fast. So far, I likey. (Josh and Megan- if you guys read this blog, what carb gel do you prefer?)

I figure I am averaging at least 20 miles a week, and I keep going slightly further each day. I can see more definition in my leg muscles (very sexy), I feel better, and I don't breathe as heavy while I jog. But my weight is still the same (252-3 a.m. 254 p.m.). I know that as long as I keep this up, the weight will drop. I am not eating after dinner, and am keeping the sugar much lower with more water and less snacks. I'll keep updating as I go along.

Thanks to all of my readers: I have had 277 hits since May 4th.

No comments: